Facebook was “abuzz” with the news that the zodiac sign we’ve been living with our whole lives is not correct, because the earth’s axis has rotated since the zodiac signs were named. Friends claimed “I’m a Leo all the way” and “I’ll never be anything but a Virgo.”
I’ve always been an Aries. Many of the Aries traits apply to me, but I’ve never felt like I was a true Aries. I’m not as fiery, not as Out There as the Aries sign has always seemed. So maybe I really am a Pisces. Let’s take a look, shall we? (All sun sign description came from about.com.)
- courageous (yeah), pioneering (eh), brilliant (well of course!), adventurous (sure), dynamic (hmm), straight-forward (sometimes)
- willful (can be), dominating (not so much), selfish (yes and no), ruthless (definitely not), insensitive (I suppose I can be, sometimes), impatient (Hell Yes)
- Aries are gifted with a direct, fiery nature that makes them one step ahead of the crowd. (?) They take charge of a situation, and their sense of certainty usually makes others fall in line. (??) This makes the Sun in Aries a born leader. (???)
- Often larger-than-life, they can light up a room with their charisma. (Really, not so much) If a gathering is dull, they’ll quickly move on – and they’re among the ones with the stamina to party ‘til dawn. (Rarely) Aries craves excitement and their restless spirits seek out the next big thing. (Yeah, kind of)
- Aries can rise to the challenge of any battle. Sometimes they go too far and scorch those they love with hurtful words said in the heat of the moment. (It’s been known to happen) They quickly forgive and forget (Big Fat No), but often deal with the fall out of their brusque demeanor.
- Aries wants to achieve great things, and is propelled by an inner drive that is a force to be reckoned with. (Not so much) Their bright minds and ability to initiate can make them trailblazers in their careers. (eh)
- At times, the rush to action can cause them to take unnecessary risks, or forge ahead without planning out crucial details. (no, I’m kind of a planner) Some say the Sun in Aries learns the hard way, by leaping before looking. But being an active sign, the Aries learns best through experience. (That’s VERY true)
- compassionate (I can be, sometimes), creative (I’d like to think so), mystical (not so much), sensitive (yes), romantic (mmhmm), dreamy (sure)
- escapist (oh yeah), lazy (yep), self-indulgent (often), overwhelmed (occasionally), impressionable (not really)
- As the last of the twelve Zodiac signs, Pisces is said to contain aspects of them all. This makes the Pisces Sun so changeable as to appear not to have one singular identity. It’s as if they’re just touching down in this human reality, and light enough to try on a few personas. (Is this saying I have multiple personalities?)
- Pisces can be so dreamy as to seem “somewhere else” half the time. They’re tuned into the spiritual side of things, and this gives them an otherworldly air. It can seem that they’re always sensing the emotional currents that run between people, as well as those connecting us to the great beyond. (No, no, not so much)
- The Pisces Sun leads with a compassionate heart, which can be both a blessing and a curse. Many are remarkably wise and self-sacrificing when it comes to helping the vulnerable or those down on their luck. (Not me) But this noble trait can take them down a path of being used and abused before they learn to set strong boundaries.
- This is the sign of the mystic poet, and a creative pursuit gives Pisces the motivation to be disciplined. And bringing structure to the vast imagination and shades of emotion flowing within the Pisces nature is a great achievement. Through art, they can bring a bit of heaven down to Earth for the benefit of everyone. (I can hope!)
- It’s important for Pisces Sun to find a sense of purpose to avoid just drifting. Their sensitivity makes them also a tad more vulnerable to escapism through addictions or personal dramas. (I don’t have an addictive personality at all) Finding a sense of worth, self-definition and purpose seem to be some of their life lessons. (Big Mm-Hm)
So, maybe I’m a little of both. Heck, I’m probably a little of every sign. I think we all are. Does it matter if our signs have changed, if they’re not what we thought they were?
Then again, the story could be blown way out of proportion. The media has a knack for doing things like that.