My 2011 Goals. Notes are in italics.
Work on being a better photographer. Not necessarily taking a picture every day like last year, but taking good pictures.
Strive to write EVERY DAY. This is something I know I should do, but don’t. Every piece of advice says the same thing: To be a writer, you must write, every day. So I’m going to try.
Every day, post something I’m happy about. See my other blog, Delightfully Happy, for my daily happiness.
Do not keep Netflix movies longer than 2 weeks. I made this one when I realized I had had a movie for over a month!
Pick up veggies that I’ve never heard of and figure out what to do with them.
Watch more hockey. I used to watch hockey all the time, but since moving here (and I think suffering through the strike, which happened about the same time), I very rarely watch it.
Visit 5 places in the 1000 Places to See Before You Die. Possibilities:
- Biltmore (NC)
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (NC)
- Beaufort and the Low Country (SC)
- The Heart of Charleston (SC)
- Spoleto Festival (SC) – June
Watch 2 movies (#1, unseen) from each genre of the AFI 100 best list
- Animation: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Pinocchio
- Fantasy: The Wizard of Oz, King Kong
- Gangster: The Godfather, White Heat
- Science Fiction: 2001 A Space Odyssey, A Clockwork Orange
- Western: The Searchers, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
- Sports: Raging Bull, The Pride of the Yankees
- Mystery: Vertigo, Chinatown
- Romantic Comedy: City Lights, Harold & Maude
- Courtroom Drama: To Kill a Mockingbird, Kramer vs. Kramer
- Epic: Lawrence of Arabia, Schindler’s List
Read 12 books (one a month)off the BBC 100 list. Possibilities:
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
- Jane Eyre – Charlotte Bronte
- Wuthering Heights – Emily Bronte
- Great Expectations – Charles Dickens
- Catch 22 – Joseph Heller
- Catcher in the Rye – JD Salinger
- Emma – Jane Austen
- Persuasion – Jane Austen
- One Hundred Years of Solitude – Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Life of Pi – Yann Martel
- Sense and Sensibility – Jane Austen
- A Tale Of Two Cities – Charles Dickens
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time – Mark Haddon
- Love In The Time Of Cholera – Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- The Lovely Bones – Alice Sebold
- Count of Monte Cristo – Alexandre Dumas
- On The Road – Jack Kerouac
- Notes From A Small Island – Bill Bryson
- The Bell Jar – Sylvia Plath
- The Little Prince – Antoine De Saint-Exupery