So far I only have 2 people signed up, but there’s still time! Come on, you’re going to be reading, anyway, why not win prizes for it?
Here are the rules:
- Reading time is May 29 (Memorial Day Weekend) through September 6th (Labor Day Weekend).
- Log the book and the number of pages read by emailing me. (This way, War & Peace and Goodnight Moon cannot be weighted equally as “books read.”)
- I will choose a multitude of winners, and you will get a prize – TBD at this point. Prizes will likely consist of more books, food (cookies, or a casserole, maybe, for locals), or perhaps a gift card or two.
- As a bonus, you can project the number of pages you think you will read – the one who gets the closest to it will win an extra prize. Projections need to be emailed to me by June 10th, and must be at least 500 pages.
- Sign up by June 30th.
- To sign up, please email me at allthingsdelightful at hotmail. Supply me with a “username” to use, or I’ll use your blog, if you have one. ALL information will be kept top secret – it’s just me, I’m not trying to sell anything, I’m not going to sell your info, etc. If you win, I’ll request your address so I can send you your prize.
- I’ve set up a page to keep track of rankings: https://delightfuleccentric.wordpress.com/summer-reading-group/
- Be honest! Keep this fun. You’re on your honor.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Spread the word. If you know someone who would be interested in this, let them know about it! Publicize it on your blog! Let’s have some fun with this!
My first book up is The Handmaid’s Tale, by Margaret Atwood. Of course, I’m also mid-way through a couple of other books, so I’ll start counting pages from where I am now.