I’ve managed to royally screw something up. My wireless router has been insanely slow to completely down for the last few weeks. It’ll work for about an hour, slooowwllllyyyyy, and then it craps out. So I’ve been hardwiring direct to the modem, and it’s run fine.
I looked online, and found that I should upgrade my firmware. I did all that fairly well, downloaded the new version, backed up the configuration, upgraded the firmware, and reset the router. I couldn’t get into the IP address, but after unplugging everything and plugging it back in, I was able to access the IP address and restore the configuration.
And now, it seems I’m dead in the water. The wireless router won’t connect at all now.
For the record, I have a Linksys WRT54G v.6.